Wednesday, April 8, 2020

Corona Bloglette: Delayed Gratification

I'm going to try writing a short blog every day during the quarantine. I want to be encouraging. I'm not going to be too Suzy-Sunshine since what we're going through is bad, it's bad. I want a place to crab, but I want to do it with humor to keep perspective. I've got it pretty good here on the Embassy compound, and I know it.

So, I'll give you today, a thought that came to me while I was running, the thought that spurred this idea. I've noticed that during this time, my ability to delay gratification is stronger. I have a finite amount of chocolate and Pepsi on hand and don't want it to disappear too soon, because I don't want to go to the store any more often than I must. So I've notice that I'm consuming less of them and (with a couple of exceptions) only once a day. (Don't judge me - that's progress.) I look forward to heading to the piano at the end of the day, after I've spent time working on my novel and exercising. It's not only rewarding, it's good for me cognitively.

Check back tomorrow. I may have a sentence for you, maybe a paragraph. We'll see what has my attention. Please comment any thoughts you have. There's a chance, depending on how long this lasts, that I'll run out of thoughts completely. My mind may become a void. (I just mis-typed "voice" for void - a Freudian slip of some sort, I wonder? I guess I have some time to ponder that one.) I may need to steal, er, borrow your ideas.

I've been asked to post more pictures, so I'll give you a picture from an art gallery in Vladivostok.


I actually took a picture of this painting at two different occasions. I continue to be drawn to it. I love the rich coloring. She's looks beautiful and strong, very Russian qualities.


No comments:

Post a Comment