Tuesday, April 28, 2020



This is a picture that was shared by someone living on the compound.  Extraordinary. Since seeing an owl is generally believed to be a strong omen, I decided to read a bit about what it means to see an owl. Many believe they are portends of death. That, apparently is myth. (As is everything else regarding seeing owls. I know, I know . . .)

The first site I found had this bit of wisdom: Sometimes owls are bad omens, at which point you can anticipate negativity; sometimes they're good omens telling you to expect good. Well, duh. So I read a bit more and found much more interesting takes on owl sightings. Enjoy.






To see an owl in the daylight can mean the coming of an enlightening experience. The rarity of seeing an owl in the daytime (since they are nocturnal creatures) makes for depth in the sighting and the resulting impact of the sighting. They are seen as guardians and imparters of wisdom.

Owls sit quietly and observe. If you see one, you are being directed to do likewise. It enables the one who sees it to see what others miss. It directs some to listen to their inner voice as a guide to rid themselves of aspects of their life they no longer need.

As owls are associated with wisdom, it may be calling you to use yours or develop stronger knowledge.

One of the sites called to meditate upon the owl. I like that. That will be how I spend some of my quiet time today.



No comments:

Post a Comment